Our passion is about teach surfing and transmit the values that this sport has give us for all these years. Surrounded by a unique environment and nature in Cantabria (North Spain), our dream is to train all those who want to join us on this trip into the heart of the Cantabric Sea. Being part of the Pilgrim’s way to Santiago and in one of the most beautiful villages of the North Shore, we find the wild beach of Luaña, home to our surfhouse and surf school Black Shark.
Why Black Shark?
– We are in one of the most beautiful beaches of Cantabria.
– Our surfhouse is located on Luaña Beach, in a natural environment that gives you all the peace and calm that you are looking for during your holidays.
– We breathed surf for more than 20 years.
– Our new surfhouse if full equiped with chilling areas and all the facilities you need.
– We teach you surfing with the best materials on the market and always renewed.
– All our instructors are qualified by the FES (Spanish Surfing Federation) and are also lifeguards.
– We are available all the days of the week during the summer, 24/7.
– We provide all the security you need and an accident insurance so you will surf with any worries.
Founder of Black Shark Surf School. Born in the town of Cóbreces, he has dedicated his whole life to surfing. He began his first steps in Luaña’s beach, where he has completed the dream of his life giving birth to Black Shark. In last years he has been dedicated to shaping surfboards that have been successful all along the North Shore. His favorite waves are La Peñona and El Farolillo and he loves a sunrise session in his local beach, Luaña.
Our surf instructor. An extrem sports lover, he has always considered himself a restless and sportive person, practicing several sports during his youthness. Passionate for traveling and photography, in 2008 decided to start a 100 days journey across South America, where he fell in love with surfing…Since then he has been travelling and moving to new places, always looking for new cultures and waves. After leaving the past three years in the Canaries he has decided to come north with us to start a new stage of his life.